275 packet of Fillo Pastry (defrosted)
225g (8 oz) Peeled Potatoes (diced)
85g (3 oz) Carrots (grated)
85g (3 oz) Frozen Peas
1 medium Onion (peeled and chopped)
5 tablespoons of Sunflower Oil
2 tablespoons Balti Curry Paste
1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (chopped)
1 teaspoon grated Root Ginger
1 clove Garlic (peeled and crushed)
55g (2 oz) Butter
Salt & Black Pepper
(1) Simmer diced potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes. Add the peas, then cook until potatoes are tender.
(2) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Cook the chopped onion until soft. Add the root ginger and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and grated carrots, then cook for a further 3 minutes.
(3) Put in a bowl with the potatoes and peas. Add the coriander and seasoning and stir well. Allow mixture to cool.
(4) Preheat oven to 180°sC / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
(5) Mix the remaining oil with melted butter.
(6a) Cut Fillo pastry into 7 cm (3 inch) wide strips. Brush with the oil and butter. Put a heaped teaspoon of filling near the end of the strip, then fold the end diagonally over. Repeatedly fold the parcel diagonally over to make a Samosa.
(6b) Alternatively, cut Fillo pastry into 10 cm (4 inch) squares. Put filling in centre and fold upwards like a little bag, squeezing top to seal.
(7) Deep fry the parcels in oil until golden brown.