225g (8 oz) Marshmallows
675g (1½ lbs) Digestive Biscuits
350g (12 oz) Sultanas and Raisins
225g (8 oz) Chopped Candid Peel
100g (4 oz) Glaze Cherries
100g (4 oz) Chopped Dates
100g (4 oz) Walnuts
25g (1 oz) Angelica
200ml (7fl oz) Evaporated Milk
3 Tablespoons Orange Juice
½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
(1) Leave marshmallows to stand in orange juice and milk for 20 mins.
(2) Chop the marshmallows with a pair of wet scissors.
(3) Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin.
(4) Finely chop the angelica.
(5) Mix the spices, angelica, chopped fruit and nuts together.
(6) Stir in marshmallows and liquid, then finally the biscuit crumbs.
(7) Press very firmly into a lined 23cm / 9inch round cake tin.
(8) Cover with foil and leave for 2 days before turning out and cutting. Store in refrigerator.
(9) Optional: Top with icing sugar.