225g Minced lamb (8oz)
1 Large potato roughly chopped
1 Carrot roughly chopped
1 Onion roughly chopped
4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
Some rough or short crust, ready-made pastry
(1) Preheat oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6 (Fan-Oven 180°C).
(2) Finely chop the vegetables, then add the remaining filling ingredients. Season and mix well.
(3) Roll out pastry and cut out neat circles.
(4) Using a small plate or saucer as a guide, spoon a sixth of filling into one half of the pastry, then dampen the edges with water.
(5) Fold pastry over, to enclose the filling and press edges together. Make small folds along length of the pastry, to seal the filling.
(6) Place the pasties on a baking sheet. Pierce a small hole in top of each pasty. Brush with a little of the beaten egg.
Bake for 10 minutes, brush again with the remaining egg. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.